Friday, April 23, 2010

Just Listen By Sarah Dessen

Have you ever read a book that just sucked you inside because it relates to your life so much? This book "Just Listen" has done that to me over and over again. I read it twice and I can't seem to stop loving this book. The cover itself really attracted me to the book, it has a girl listening to an ipod on it. I assumed from the cover the book would be about a female that just gets away from the world by listening to music. Surprisingly, this is what she does and I can fully relate to this. She meets a guy who keeps to himself and he introduces her to a whole new world of music, birds chirping! I'm shocked that someone actually can sit down and listen to it. Don't get me wrong I'm all up for new music and whatever but birds chirping? Sheesh I never knew they made music out of this. It sounds relaxing when you first hear it but after a while it gets annoying. Anyways, in this book the girl gets raped and she just stays to herself because she feels unsafe in the world. She results to music and after a while she begins to tell her story and she realizes that all she needed was someone to be Just Listen. This story shows how important it is to listen to one another because not everyone is happy and sometimes they need someone to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment